My Essential Summer Salad Recipe
This is the easiest seasonal dish: I make this salad regularly as soon as fresh summer tomatoes arrive. This is really only worth making if you have fresh-picked, seasonal ingredients- straight from the garden or the farmers market.
3-4 medium, ripe red tomatoes
2 slicing cucumbers
1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet Onion (Vadalia or Walla Walla)
4 fresh basil leaves, sliced
1/4 cup good olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Peel cucumber and cut diagonally into 1/4” slices
- Core and slice the tomato into 1/4” rounds
- Peel and thinly slice onion
- Combine veggies, Dres with Oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with thinly sliced basil.
- Serve in a shallow bowl. Enjoy!