We are looking for a motivated, outgoing and organized retail associate for a growing art business who is a high-level communicator and great with people.
The ideal candidate has 1+ years of experience in retail/interface with the public and is excellent at interacting with customers. If you have the ability to problem solve, and are motivated by a bonus structure in sales, this job is for you.
Typical tasks in this role would include but aren’t limited to:
- - Inventory management
- - Packaging Art Prints, and other products we produce
- - Merchandising the displays
- - Customer support
Applicants must have an interest in learning new skills in support of a growing business.
The job is per event, availability from Friday-Sunday is a must.
Essentially, we are looking for a committed individual who wants this business to succeed because we are small, independent, women owned and arts based. We plan to scale and highly value a committed staff.
I’m Marcella Kriebel, and I’m the founder of a small business selling illustrated products that my business produces including art prints, kitchen towels, illustrated cookbooks, and stationery. For over 9 years, I’ve been running this business with seasonal help, and recently have hired an Operations Manager who will be working closely with this Sales Associate hire. In the last year I’ve expanded into more client work and as my audience grows, I am in major need of assistance running the upcoming retail markets and events, after over a year of little to no event’s revenue. I’ve spent the last several years running events primarily and I intend to be present during our 4th quarter of events (the busiest retail time of the year), but also I need staff to come with some serious motivation, organization and initiative to knock our in person sales out of the park.
- - 1+ years retail experience (experience working with an online business is a bonus)
- - Technology savvy with the ability to use Square reader as POS on their own phone
- - High-level communication skills (written and verbal)
- - Highly developed self-awareness
- - A committed work ethic
- - Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- - Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- - Ability to set up retail display
- - Computer proficiency and tech skills preferred include but not limited to: Google documents/slides/sheets, Square, Shopify
- - Appreciation for good design, and creative goods and art
- There is no need for this hire to be an artist themselves
- Access to a car and open to transporting product is preferred
How to Apply:
with subject line ‘Retail Assistant Position’. In your cover letter be sure to include what experience you have that makes you perfect for this position.
$15.50-$17/ hr dependent on experience + Bonus based on sales revenue at each event
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We highly value and celebrate diversity. All employment decisions are made solely on the basis of merit, business need, and position fit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.